Thursday, August 27, 2009

As usual, I'm delayed in my posting. Sometimes it's a little difficult to get an inspiration to post. Alas, I have thought of something to blab about. First, a little update. School starts for me today. So I'll be taking two graduate courses and working. This should be interesting.

Anyway, let's get on with it...

If you've known me for a while and were to see me now, I'd have to admit that I'm a changed person. Not just physically; but spiritually, mentally, and emotionally as well. I'll get to that in a second. But if you don't know me I'll share a short background. I went through a really tough time my sophomore and junior years of college. Sophomore year was the worst. I went through a bad breakup and decided that alcohol would solve all of my problems. I drank all the time. As you can imagine, I gained a ton of weight and my self esteem went down the drain. But something this year changed. I have felt the change coming for a while now. But in March, I finally decided to do something about my out of control weight problem. I started dieting and exercising (nothing special) and have now lost 44 pounds.

It's been amazing. I can't begin to tell you what it has done for my life. My self-esteem/confidence has risen drastically. I love it when people notice and compliment me. I love the feeling of being tired from work, but making myself go to the gym only to leave and feel so much better about myself. I love that I couldn't have done any of it without my best friend Jenn. She always kept me motivated and on track.

I don't know how I was able to turn off the desire to drink to 'solve my problems'. I just did. I think I had a realization one day and knew that it was only making me even more miserable. Granted, there is a lot more to this story that I have left out for length purposes. Nonetheless, the point is that I feel like I've come leaps and bounds from the depths I felt buried beneath no more than two or three years ago.

I'm not saying that life is perfect for me, it's still quite hard at times. I am saying that I feel like a better person. That's got to mean something in this life, right?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for accomplishing goals. :D You do look great and I can tell you are happier.

    ReplyDelete