Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wow, I. Fail.

Keeping up with this blog is harder than I thought. Or maybe I'm more busy than I thought. Or maybe I really do fail. Hard.

Regardless, I'm here! I figured that since I was sitting at my unpaid internship, I might as well utilize their time to my benefit.

Yet here I sit. I really don't have anything to talk about. My life really is a constant cycle of a routine that I am content with. I wake up and either go to the gym super early or go to work, I might have class on a certain night, then I'll go to Jenn's to make/eat dinner and watch an episode of one of our many followed seasons, and after I try to tackle the insane amount of reading I have for grad school I go to bed and start all over. So as you can tell my life doesn't get much more exciting than what you see at face value.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like my life is missing something. I know that I have amazing friends, and I'm making it through life okay with my family. But what is it that I feel void of? A relationship? Adventure? Challenges? A real job? Well, on the relationship front, I really don't want a relationship right now. Way to many obligations and too much work. I'm not ready for that at the moment. As for adventure, I find myself trying new things more often. Clubs, bars, I'm hopping on a plane all by my lonesome after Christmas and flying to Colorado to try out snowboarding for the first time with Jenn. That's pretty adventurous for me. And I'm not sure I could challenge myself more after signing up for this grad program. I've never taken any business classes, and here I am, hanging out in the MBA program. Slowly waving goodbye to my sanity. So, I think I've cleared the mark for challenges at the moment. That leaves having a real job. I heard of an opportunity at a local (somewhat local) hospital, I just need to pursue it. I think I'm a little nervous about that change. I'm content in my little student-assistant-bubble, I don't want to leave! I will have to though, I need the money and the experience. Hopefully I'll find the courage to apply and beast the interview so that I can move on to the next step in my life.

Now, onward to inane tasks that I'm not paid to do!

Have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment